Monday 3 December 2012

Workshop


For our up-coming performance "DNA" we participated in a workshop to determine which characters we would play. We observed our class mates read lines from the dialogue of the characters they had chosen. We would then decide who played their selected character the best and write a  points why.

It was a pleasant experience participating in the workshop purely because it was such a relaxed environment to be in. I read in for Jan, who was a character that interested me. Before my reading I studied her lines and felt I could do a lot with her. I included a sense of innocent within her character and also confusion. I wanted to play her because I enjoyed her witty personalty and the fact she couldn't quite get to the reality of Adam's death. The character Mark manages to preserve with Jan and get her to face the reality which she often refuses to belief.  

Observing the workshop was entertaining and captivating for me. From observing my class mates I learnt how I could improve my overall performance (voice projection, facial expressions, body language etc). 
I particular focused on the girls going for the same part as me so I could create a similar but different way of playing Jan. It was fascinating how every girl going for Jan created almost another Jan in the way they delivered their short scene. 

I was impressed by Daniel because he adapted well to all the parts he read for. He was an all rounder which defiantly shone throughout the workshop. He suited many of the characters within DNA. He was emotional and powerful particularly with scene of Adam's. His body language and voice projection where clear. Sonia also impressed me. She delivered Jan well. Her facial expressions were shown clearly. She put her own twist to Jan which was effective. 





No comments:

Post a Comment